THOMAS L. ROCHA E.I.T.
Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician
740 East 13th Street Houston, Texas 77008
- Registrations, Licenses and Certifications
Electrical and Mechanical System Analysis, Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Power Systems.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 2015
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers & National Electrical Contractors Association! Apprenticeship, 2002
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 2015.
- Master Electrician (Texas, New Mexico, and North Carolina).
- Primary areas of consultation include the analysis of electrical and electronic systems, AC/DC power systems and mechanical utility systems: including but not limited to pressurized systems, pressure vessels, power boilers, power turbines, pumps, and heat exchangers.
- Utility systems to include power, distribution, control, analysis, but not limited to residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Residential construction, foundation and roof inspections related to construction defects, water intrusion/damage and foundation failure/deflection analysis.
- Experience including gas engine and electric motor driven reciprocating compressors; high-speed electric driven centrifugal gas compressors; pump and compressor power and control system evaluations; review of maintenance activities for plant power distribution system; and installation of premium efficiency motors, alternative power generation and load shedding schemes.
- Experiences include detailed on-site analyses, repair scope and specification development, acceptance testing, validation, and equipment re-commissioning. Analyses are conducted according to current NETA, API, IEEE, and NEMA other applicable standards.
- 2023 – Present - McDOWELL OWENS ENGINEERING, INC.
- Consulting Engineer Areas of primary interest include analysis of electrical (A/C-D/C) and electronic systems; electrical and mechanical utility systems to include power, distribution, control, and analysis, but not limited to residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Analysis of Low-voltage, medium-voltage, and high- voltage installations up to 34-kV. Analysis of pressure vessels, power boilers, power turbines, pressurized fluid systems and other engineering systems due to loss incidents. Expertise in the analysis and design of electrical equipment and its accessories.
- 2022 – 2023 - Con-Real, LP.
- Senior Electrical Consultant to general contractors and electrical contractors. Developed check schedules and estimates for GC’s and AE firms, produced various reports about electrical analysis, and provided third party inspections. Managed budget, produced/approved submittals and acted as subject matter expert for the electrical group.
- 2020 – 2022 - Industrial Electrical Services, Inc.
- President, Senior Electrical Consultant who oversaw day to day operations. Board member and attended quarterly board meetings, reviewed weekly and monthly financials, and developed and administered electrical troubleshooting training. Served as subject matter expert for analysis and development to ensure and maintain client relationships.
- 2019 – 2020 - Kilgore Industries, LP.
- Project Manager, Estimator, Engineer, and Field-Superintendent who led project teams to successfully complete projects budgeted up to $10 Million. Managed resources, schedules, personnel, and quality guidelines throughout project life cycle. Designed layout performance power system analysis, control systems, and estimated for non-engineering jobs. Started a DOE approved Electrical Apprenticeship program.
- 2018 – 2019 - BELCO, Ltd.
- Project Manager, Estimator, and Engineer who designed, specified equipment, performed power system analysis, and created one-line drawings for non- engineered jobs. Project-managed multiple jobs and helped to estimate electrical jobs up to and exceeding budgets of $10 Million.
- 2015 – 2018 - Burns & McDonnell
- Assistant Electrical Engineer who designed and specified medium to high voltage electrical systems and equipment. i.e. MCC, Switchgear, Transformers, LRG & HRG systems, DC Backup Battery Banks, etc. Performed a variety of electrical system studies, i.e., load flow, short circuit, arc flash, transient stability, electrical area classification, and relay coordination.
- 2013 – 2013- Xcel Energy.
- Electrical Engineer Intern who performed power analysis calculations on all water wells and assisted in the supervision of the water wells. Coordinated with plant engineers on current and ongoing projects.
- 2002 – 2011 - Greer Electric.
- Master Electrician and General Foreman who supervised 20+ employees on projects up to and exceeding budgets of $10 Million. Provided job planning, quality control, material management, and supervised continued education programs.
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers, since 2012
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, since 2012
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, since 2012
- IEEE Power & Energy President (TX) ’17-2020
- EIT, (Engineer in Training), Texas
- Master Electrician, registered in TX, NM, & NC
- Electrical Contractor, registered in TX, NM, & NC
- New Mexico EL-01 (Transmission & Distribution Contractor)