LARRY K. HAMMOND Consulting Associate – Elevator Industry Professional
740 East 13th Street Houston, Texas 77008
- Continuing Education
Management, training, service, repair, maintenance, and safety related to hydraulic and traction driven people movers including elevators, escalators, moving walkways.
- BBA, Marketing – Rawls College of Business Administration Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, 1975–1980
- Elevator Industry Professional with 41 years of experience in field operations and office management disciplines
- Service operations manager leading all service operations activities and responsibilities for day-to-day management and training of field supervisory staff, employee selection, field safety, and training.
- District Management responsibilities for all areas of the business including P&L, sales, field operations, customer satisfaction, and overall general business management.
- Primary areas of consultation include hydraulics and traction systems, escalator systems, service repair, maintenance, and safety.
- Experience including major repair to existing systems, maintenance control programs for elevator and escalator systems, equipment installation and operational methods, replacement recommendations, capital planning upgrades, and modernization.
- Experience including detailed on-site survey and analysis, repair, and modernization scope, estimating and design recommendations, proposal development and project installation schedules. Analyses and recommendations developed to current (AMSE) 17.1-2016, ASME A17.2, ADAAG, TAS, TDLR and ANSI A117.1.
- Mar. 2021–
Present - McDowell Owens Engineering, Inc. Houston, Texas
- Consulting Associate – Vertical Transportation Responsible for managing vertical transportation service and maintenance.
- 2015–Mar. 2021 - Schindler Elevator Corporation Houston, Texas
- District Service Manager and Modernization Sales/Operations Full accountability and responsibility for the development and implementation of the service business and Modernization operations. Management and training of field supervisory staff, employee selection, field training, and safety. Lead operations efforts and priorities to ensure superior customer satisfaction. Improving efficiencies, managing route schedules and callback rates.
- 2007–2015 - Schindler Elevator Corporation Shreveport, Louisiana
- Branch Manager Responsible for all areas of the business including P&L, sales, field operations, customer satisfaction, overall general business management along with building and fostering a team environment. Manage local litigation issues and labor relations with IUEC Local 79.
- 1994-2007 - ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company Houston, Texas/South Florida
- District Service Sales/Operations Manager Directed operations teams with focus on building strong client relationships within highly competitive markets through CRM Account Management. Managed sales and field operations teams including talent development, staffing, compensation, and performance management. Interface with Product Line experts on operational challenges, including product issues, safety concerns, and parts fulfillment.
- 1991–1994 - General Elevator Company Houston, Texas
- Branch Manager Responsible for P&L, sales, field operations, customer satisfaction, and overall general business management for service-based company purchased by Dover Elevator. Responsible for on-boarding operation into Dover service operation by implementing business practices, efficiencies, and route structures to interface with the Dover business model. Manage local litigation issues and labor relations with IUEC Local 31.
- 1988–1991 - Otis Elevator Company Shreveport, Louisiana
- Branch Manager Responsible for P&L, sales, field operations, customer satisfaction and overall general business management. Responsible for engineering and project support for field technicians, maintenance, repair, and modernization projects. Support field supervisory staff and manage local litigation issues and labor relations with IUEC Local 98.
- 1986-1988 - Otis Elevator Company Dallas, Texas
- Modernization / Service Sales Manage accounts of existing customers through various contact points and be responsible for retaining and expanding the existing portfolio by selling maintenance-related solutions. Generate modernization solution leads from existing portfolio.
- 1984–1986 - Otis Elevator Company Miami, Florida
- New Installation Sales Responsible for managing all new installation operations processes, employees, and projects to ensure that the department functions profitably and exceeds the annual budgetary plan. Plan, direct, and prioritize elevator installations and manpower needs with detailed Gantt chart schedules.
- 1981–1984 - Otis Elevator Company Miami, Florida
- Service Account Manager Prepare repair job proposals by estimating labor and material, reviewing blueprints, surveying equipment, and interfacing with operations personnel for input. Prepare service contract bids from surveys, equipment research, and jobsite conditions. Work closely with field technicians on existing equipment repairs, surveys, and schedules.
- 1980–1981 - Otis Elevator Company Dallas, Texas
- Otis Sales and Management Training program Operations, sales, and management training involving nine months of hands-on field internship learning and performing installation and modernization methods of the entire Otis product lines, maintenance and repair programs, safety training, and sales and management strategies.
- The Associated General Contractors of America March 2008–present
- OSHA 10 Certification June 16, 2011
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Company affiliation
- Management – Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania, 2008 and 2010 Curriculum designed for Schindler Management disciplines including operations, finance, sales planning, SWOT analyses, and strategic planning.
- Elevator Industry Management – Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania, 2007– 2010