Fire Testing and Research Center
By Forensic Engineering Firm, McDowell Owens
The next best thing to a scientific eyewitness.
The ideal time for a fire scientist and/or forensic engineer to investigate a fire, explosion or other loss is while it is occurring. However, such ideal circumstances rarely occur. McDowell Owens has access to the next best thing to a scientific witness – an eight-acre Fire Testing and Research Center.
At the eight-acre Fire Research and Testing Center in San Jacinto County, Texas, we are able, under controlled conditions, to reconstruct virtually any incident to aid in determining and documenting cause and effect or to test competing hypotheses. Computer-monitored data is obtained, stored and interpreted, along with video recording of the testing, to provide and support powerful, objective testimony.Fire testing and modeling capabilities include:
- Full- and Reduced-Scale Fire and Explosion Modeling and Testing
- Combustible Gas and Fluid System Testing and Analysis
- Modified ASTM E603 Testing
- Flammable and Combustible Gas Accumulation and Ignition Testing
- Electrical System and Component Testing
- Full-Scale Testing of any Single- or Three-phase System up to 2,000 amps
- Breaker Testing